One Of Those Days...

Normally on any other regular Friday afternoon I am all TGIF with the rest of them. But this last week had been painfully long and felt like one thing after another. Friday was no exception. Our normal Friday routine, since Rob has been in school (almost 3 hours away in Moose Jaw), is to meet him part way in Weyburn after Maeve's nap. This has been working great for us because I get out of making a meal, get our weekly grocery trip out of the way before the weekend and the girls get to see Rob sooner which gives them something to look forward to.

This Friday like every other, we headed off to Weyburn after Maeve's nap. A cop met us on the road and I do what I normally do, quickly panic and make sure I am abiding by the law. Seat belts-check!  Not speeding-check! We are in the clear! Or so I thought... Sure enough I saw him turn around and throw on his lights for none other than me. There I was racking my brain for what I did wrong. I made eye contact. Never make eye contact! Well turns out I was the idiot driving around with expired plates. Well that was humiliating. How do I forget to pay something as serious as that!? So of course I started talking because: 1. I'm embarrassed and 2. I talk when I am nervous. I start going on to this guy about how my husband is gone to school and he normally deals with this stuff blah blah blah and it hits me! We changed our box number this year so we probably didn't receive our notice in the mail which is why I didn't know it was due. A couple years ago when we moved to the area they didn't have any boxes available so we were forced to get a mailbox in the next town over. Needless to say every time I ordered  something online it was confusing because we live on Carlyle Street (in Acrola) and our box number was in Carlyle the town. I was finally fed up and made the switch once I called and found out there was boxes available in Arcola. I pay my insurance yearly, so out of sight, out of mind. I had completely forgot or maybe assumed I had already made the switch. The officer still gave me the $580 ticket but said he would wave it if I could prove I didn't get notice in the mail. Which was nice of him, he really didn't have to do that but still greeeeeaaat. So now, court or a $580 fine that is the question. I mean in a weird way I'm lucky that this happened because otherwise I wouldn't have known my plates were expired to this day. Anyways! There I was, stuck on the side of the road flustered and couldn't find the insurance company's phone number. I called Rob who made the call for me and confirmed what I had thought about the address change. And got me what I needed to get going again.

We finally reach Weyburn. I was forced to go a little slower then usual due to crappy road conditions. Maeve started freaking out right as we pulled into town. I looked back just in time to watch her projectile vomit everywhere! Poor thing has a history of car sickness but it has been months since we have had an episode so I had thought she had grown out of it. Boy was I wrong! We were 5 minutes from the grocery store and there was nowhere to pull over. She was forced to sit in. Finally we made it. An hour trip turned into two. I have never been so relieved to see Rob in that moment. He really came through for me. He cleaned Maeve up while I went to buy her a new coat and hat (which was on sale, score!). I started filling Rob in on the crazy week and the eventful drive all while trying to plow through groceries which I would have normally finished by that point.

Rob was distracting the girls who are hungry and tired and all the sudden Olive is screaming in pain on the ground. What is going on!? I looked at Rob who claimed he wasn't sure what happened. He said he heard her arm crack when he lifted her up and it might have freaked her out. She does have a tendency to amp up the emotions around Rob who is quick to sympathize with her. I could see how terrible Rob felt and the concerned heads turning in our direction so I was like, "Olive enough! You are making Dad feel bad, it was an accident." Suddenly she said her tummy hurt and she had to go potty. So Rob took her and when they got back I noticed Olive's arm hanging at her side. She was refusing to use it and any time we even went near it she started melting down again. We decided there was something definitely wrong and we needed to take her to the hospital. Knowing how sick Rob was feeling about the whole situation, I thought it would be best if he went to see it through with Olive. Plus I couldn't really leave the groceries up to him anyways.

We must have made quite the scene because after that I had sooo much help from the employees at the store. Maeve was throwing stuff out of the cart and someone was picking it up for me. They helped me pack up my bags and loaded the groceries back on to the cart all while distracting Maeve. It was seriously amazing! I texted Rob at that point to check in. They had only seen the nurses who were convinced that there was definitely something popped out. Olive was the third child that day to have that happen. That made us feel a little bit better. I got Maeve and I some supper and then ordered some for Rob and Olive and headed to the hospital.

I found Olive sitting in a recliner, with a stuffed Pluto from Mickey Mouse, watching cartoons. I then took her to her x-rays. It was so hard to tell that there was even anything wrong. She would be screaming one minute and then using her arm and acting fine the next. I had to get home to unload the groceries and get Maeve to bed so we ended up leaving before the doctor came. According to Rob her shoulder was fine but it was the big bone to her elbow that popped out of place. She could lift her arm and bend it but she couldn't flip it over to show you the palm of her hand. Rob said she was a different kid the second the doctor popped it back in. The staff at the Weyburn General Hospital were absolutely amazing with Olive from the moment they got there. Olive was just pumped to get to stay up way past her bedtime and watch TV. I have to say this might have been a new record for us with unfortunate events happening all in a row. I hope everyone else's week went a little smoother then ours. Or did you have one of those days as well? Id love to hear about it! Sorry I did not take any photos Friday, that was definitely the last thing on my mind but I have included some Rob took on the weekend of the girls.